MAGNA Hyaluronic Acid Serum + B5 (1 oz.)
MAGNA Hyaluronic Acid Serum + B5 (MAGNA HA + B5) is a unique hydrating serum, which provides intensive nourishment with high potency, high quality hyaluronate in a patented, skin-delivery matrix. MAGNA HA + B5 helps restore and maintain optimal moisture balance, and helps improve fine lines & wrinkles, skin tone, texture, color, and radiance.
How Does MAGNA HA + B5 work?
MAGNA HA + B5 is a patented, high potency hyaluronic acid (HA) serum that contains 1.7% of high molecular weight hyaluronic acid and 1.5% vitamin B5.
MAGNA HA + B5 is developed using a non-ionic polymer matrix (IPM) patented technology, which matrix enables the manufacture of a high potency, stable, viscous, serum (patent documents on file). The hyaluronic acid in MAGNA HA + B5 has an ideal molecular weight, similar to the HA molecular weight in natural skin (approximately 600,000 daltons; 5 to 50 times more potent than the HA in most cosmetic HA products). Ideal HA molecular potency = greater skin absorption and hydration (i.e., hygroscopic and hydrophilic properties). In addition, vitamin B5 enhances skin repair and helps regulate oil production. Also, the hyaluronic acid in MAGNA HA + B5 is biosynthesized (not from animal sources), so MAGNA HA + B5 is hypoallergenic and cruelty-free.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic Acid (HA), also known as sodium hyaluronate or hyaluronan, is often described as “Nature’s Moisturizer.” HA is a mucopolysaccharide carbohydrate, which occurs naturally throughout the human body. HA’s function in the body is to bind water, lubricate joints and muscles, and HA plays important roles in facilitating biological and inflammatory response functions associated with wound healing and tissue repair.
While HA can be found naturally in almost every cell in the body, almost 50% is found in the skin tissue. HA works with collagen to maintain skin’s structure. Collagen gives skin its firmness, but HA nourishes and hydrates the collagen.
Young skin is smooth and highly elastic because of high HA concentrations. As we age, our bodies no longer produce adequate levels of HA, causing skin to become drier. HA acts as a space filler by binding to water and putting moisture back into the skin, thus keeping the skin plumper with less wrinkles.
- At age 30, the body reduces the reproduction of HA.
- At age 40, skin has 50% less HA than the amount at birth.
- At age 60, skin has 10% or less HA remaining.
- Skin collagen needs HA for expansion and water retention.
- UV rays destroy HA; elastin fibers become brittle; the skin’s supporting network becomes compressed; and wrinkles begin to form.
- Hyaluronic acid exhibits remarkable anti-wrinkle, anti-nasolabial fold, anti-aging, space-filling, and face rejuvenating properties. HA, alone or in combination …, showed promising efficacy in skin tightness and elasticity, face rejuvenation, improving aesthetic scores, reducing the wrinkle scars, longevity, and tear trough rejuvenation (Bukhari, et al., 2018).
- HA skin content decreases with aging, and the most visible effects are the loss of facial skin hydration, elasticity and volume, which are responsible for wrinkles. HA’s mechanisms of action have been shown to be size-dependent and it has to be considered that HA’s hydrating effect largely depends on its molecular weight … Also, sunscreens containing HA may contribute to maintaining a youthful skin, protecting against the harmful effects of ultraviolet irradiation, due to the possible free radical scavenging properties of HA (Fallacara, et al., 2018).
Bukhari, S. N. A., Roswandi, N. L., Waqas, M., Habib, H., Hussain, F., Khan, S., ... & Hussain, Z. (2018). Hyaluronic acid, a promising skin rejuvenating biomedicine: A review of recent updates and pre-clinical and clinical investigations on cosmetic and nutricosmetic effects. International journal of biological macromolecules, 120, 1682-1695.
Fallacara, A., Baldini, E., Manfredini, S., & Vertuani, S. (2018). Hyaluronic acid in the third millennium. Polymers, 10(7), 701.
Patent documents: On file at MAGNA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Active Ingredients: Water/EAU, Polyethylene Glycol, Hyaluronic Acid, Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5), Hydroxyethyl-cellulose, Phenoxyethanol, and Potassium Sorbate.
Cruelty-free, Hypoallergenic, & Non-irritating; Free of: Oil, Fragrance, Dye, Phthalates, Parabens, & Sulfates.
Suitable for all skin types.
Uses: MAGNA HA + B5 helps restore and maintain optimal moisture balance, & helps improve fine lines and wrinkles, skin tone, texture, color, and radiance. Suitable for all skin types.
Apply to clean, damp skin morning and night. Wait 5 to 10 minutes, then apply moisturizer.
If you use a toner as part of your skincare routine, apply MAGNA HA + B5 after your toner.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
"I have been using MAGNA HA + B5 for a couple months. It is working because when I was in the nail salon a week or so ago the lady next to me thought I was getting my nails done for prom...I have been out of high school for over 15 years!"
- Ashton from Simpsonville, KY
"My skin has been dryer over the past year or two and I have had trouble finding the right products to keep it hydrated while also keeping me from getting too oily. I began using MAGNA Hyaluronic Acid Serum + B5 and have noticed that I am not getting dry patches around my mouth and on my nose like I used to. The vitamin B5 is also really helping keep my oil production under control."
- Whitney from Louisville, KY
Note: The statements in all testimonials are the opinions of the contributor and have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.