Search
  • MAGNA Pharmaceuticals

5 Reason to Take a Fish Oil Supplement in 2021

Doctors and healthcare professionals have told us for years that a fish-rich diet is great for our bodies. We have all likely had it suggested that we include a fish oil supplement into our daily regimen in order to improve heart health, our skin, inflammation, and even some areas of mental health.


Fish oil is around 30% omega-3s, the other remaining 70% is made up of other fats. Fish oil also can be a great source for adding more vitamin A and D into your diet. The vast majority of us don’t get enough omega-3s in our diets. When looking at fish oil supplements look for one that contains a minimum of 180 milligrams of EPA and 120 milligrams of DHA. The EPA and DHA levels are key ingredients of quality. If you’re pregnant, talk to your doctor before adding a supplement to your diet.


So with 2020 behind us, let’s look at a few reasons why fish oil supplements can kick off a great start to 2021:


1. Fish oil is good for your skin

Fish oil contains two types of omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA. DHA does some great things for brain functions. EPA has the benefits for your skin by regulating oil production. This boost in hydration can help in the prevention of acne and assist in delaying the skins aging process - which can stave off wrinkles. Even though we aren’t going out as much this last year, we all want to look good when we finally can.


2. Fish oil supplements may reduce some of the risks associated with heart disease.

However, no one can say that it can prevent heart attacks or strokes. It is part of a proper diet and exercise routine. What has been shown in studies is people who eat a lot of fish have much lower rates of heart disease. Individuals with a high fish diet have been shown to lower their cholesterol levels. It has been show to increase levels of “good” HDL cholesterol. Fish oil supplements have also been shown to lower triglycerides by about 15-20%.


Fish oil has been shown, even in small doses, to help reduce blood pressure in people with elevated levels. As many of us have been on a baking kick and trying new recipes this last year, some of that goodness can lead to an increase in plaque in our arteries. Fish oil can help prevent your arteries from hardening and assist in making arterial plaques safer and stable for those with them.


3. May Reduce Inflammation

Inflammation is the immune system’s way of fighting infection and treating injuries. Chronic inflammation can be associated with obesity, diabetes, depression, and heart disease. Helping to reduce inflammation can help treat some symptoms of these diseases. Fish oil has anti-inflammatory properties, it may assist in treating conditions involving chronic inflammation. Supplements have also reduced stiffness and joint pain. With fish oil anti-inflammatory effects, it is can help reduce symptoms of inflammatory diseases, especially rheumatoid arthritis.


4. May Improve Symptoms of Depression

With all the changes and lack of social interaction in 2020, many have experienced some form of depression. What has been shown is that people with major depression appear to have lower blood levels of omega-3s. Many studies show that fish oil and omega-3 supplements may improve symptoms of depression. An EPA-rich fish oil supplement may help improve symptoms of depression. This next year still has its challenges for us but finding something that can make us smile a little more often is always welcome.


5. May Improve Attention and Hyperactivity in Children

Work from home, may have seemed great but no one said that it also involved schooling from home. Many behavioral disorders in children, including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), involve hyperactivity and inattention. This can be a challenge when you are trying to manage the household of any saintly parent. Omega-3s make up a significant proportion of the brain, fish oil supplements can help boost omega-3, which can be beneficial in preventing behavioral disorders in early life. Anyone with children can attest that behavioral disorders can interfere with a child’s learning and development. Studies show that fish oil supplements have been shown to help reduce hyperactivity, inattention, and other negative behaviors.


2021 is looking to be a great year. Let’s make it one of the best by adding in a fish oil supplement to feel better, look better, be heart healthy, and smile more often. You can find more information here on our MAGNA Omega-3 softgels. Our softgels contain 420 mg of EPa and 350 mg of DHA, more than twice as much as other products all in a convenient once-daily dose.



115 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All